Saturday, October 20, 2007

Credit where credit's due.

There have been some excellent movies out lately. More specifically, there have been some excellent movie credits out lately. The Bourne Ultimatum was a great film. But if you walked out after the action finished, you missed out on one of the best bits. The animated end credits were brilliant.

More recently, this week I went to see The Kingdom. The opening animated explanatory sequence was superb, and left me a little disappointed when the movie itself actually began.

It reminded me of the Pink Panther movies when I was a kid, when the animated opening titles were often more interesting than the movies themselves.

I would love to see a full 100-minute movie made up entirely in the style of credits. No live action, just brilliant animated typography. Better yet, I'd love to make one.

No comments: